Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Inventrom: A boost into ROBOTICS !

Inventrom was the place I attended my first and the most fascinating robotics and electronics workshop
Being a total noob then, I thought robotics was about making human like machines able to communicate and that’s all the scope in this subject! After this workshop I could see that even the simplest bicycle mechanism to the most complexly intelligent space rovers were indeed a creation of robotics! Here they started with a little intro and theory of basic robotics and electronics on the first day. Before I could even think about getting bored they handed classy kits and equipment in our hands. I was excited like a child getting a new toy! These guys had already simplified the concept of transistors in my mind which you know was complicated by 12 grade physics in college XD. We started experimenting with logic gates ICs, then moved into making a very simple beam bot.
The Beam Bot
“Beam” because it follows the light beams using 2 LDRs(Light Dependent Resistors), which act like eyes of the robot, and yes the transistors were used to amplify the sensitivity and control the speed of the motors. By this time we had already known that its the HIGH and LOW voltages that play the roles of 1 and 0 in electronics. In the Later stages of the workshop we learned basic coding in embedded C and Python to work with the techno Board based bots(object/wall detector) and with the popular Raspberry PI.
Uploading the code into wall detection/obstacle avoiding bot
We also got to learn various concepts of aircraft lift and Robowars builds. Altogether it was a practical crash course of engineering! Having completed a semester in engineering I can already say that what years of studying in engineering colleges doesn’t give you, workshops like these give you in a few days. Its been more than a year since I’ve attended this(I recently started blogging) and the progress I have made after just some months you’ll see in my future posts. Which is why everyone who wants to learn robotics I highly advise them to attend such workshops. Thanks and kudos to Inventrom guys for doing such a fabulous job!
Inventrom website: http://www.inventrom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment