Sunday, December 6, 2015

The HELLO WORLD of Electronics…..

Transistor demo on breadboard
After excessive enthusiasm and some searching online I ordered a starters electronics kit from amazon. It came with a multimeter, breadboard, jumper wires, resistors, transistors, capacitors, LEDs etc. All that I had studied in theory but hardly worked with practically after I had lost my IC555 kit almost 10 years ago. After 10 years, having a science kit to work with was really exciting! So here its a really simple transistor(which makes up everything of electronics), NPN to be specific working as a switch to light an LED. Obviously we don’t need a transistor here. This is just to show how an event(like a voltage variation) can be used to trigger another event(by completing a circuit) in a different part of the circuit using a transistor. Learning the working of a transistor in 12th grade(ch. Semiconductor Physics) was hard enough to think electronics is not for me. But after this experiment I could’n wait to jump into it. Practicals work better than theory …. always !

No comments:

Post a Comment